Saturday, June 18, 2011

Book Review: Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado


Book Description

"Sweet spot." Golfers understand the term. So do tennis players. Ever swung a baseball bat or paddled a Ping-Pong ball? If so, you know the oh-so-nice feel of the sweet spot. Life in the sweet spot rolls like the downhill side of a downwind bike ride. But you don't have to swing a bat or a club to know this. What engineers give sports equipment, God gave you.A zone, a region, a life precinct in which you were made to dwell. He tailored the curves of your life to fit an empty space in his jigsaw puzzle. And life makes sweet sense when you find your spot.
But if you're like 87 percent of workers, you haven't found it. You don't find meaning in your work--or you're one of the 80 percent who don't believe their talents are used. What can you do? You're suffering from the common life, and you desperately need a cure.
Best-selling author Max Lucado has found it. In Cure for the Common Life he offers practical tools for exploring and identifying your own uniqueness, motivation to put your strengths to work, and the perfect prescription for finding and living in your sweet spot for the rest of your life.
My Review:
     If you are like most people, including myself, you have wondered what your true purpose is. You have tried different things, many times they just didn't seem to be the right fit.You have taken other people's advice and listened to what they thought was best for you and in the end felt unhappy and unfulfilled. 
     In Max Lucado's latest book he gives step-by-step instructions that can be used to find out what God's plan is for you.We all have God given skills and talents and it is time to utilize them. Lucado really focuses on figuring out what you love and just doing it. I felt really inspired while reading this book and I just couldn't put it down. 
     There were things in my life that I was so unsure about and after reading this book I know I am making the right decisions and moving in the right direction. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to truly find happiness in all aspects of their life. 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

9 comments:

Ro @ MommyMindSpa.com June 22, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

Well ... not sure that I want to sign up for 'Fatty Followers' but I guess I'm in! Your blog is sooooo pretty!
New follower from MBC!
Ro :)
Have YOU had your Mom-ME Moment today?
http://www.MommyMindSpa.com

Rashida June 22, 2011 at 10:56 AM  

Love your blog I a new follower from MBC. God bless :) http://raising5children.blogspot.com/

Frugal in WV June 22, 2011 at 12:45 PM  

Love your blog name and layout :) New follower from MBC, you can find me at
http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

jillconyers June 23, 2011 at 3:29 AM  

What a great blog! It just looks fun.

A new visitor and now follower from MBC.

Stop by and say hi http://jillconyers.typepad.com/life_as_i_see_it/

Jen@born2impress June 23, 2011 at 6:08 PM  

Hi there.
Following from the Friday hop.
I hope you have a chance to stop by and say hi:)
http://kidzborn2impress.blogspot.com/

Veronica Lee June 26, 2011 at 10:54 PM  

Hi again! Swinging by once more to follow your lovely blog.

Happy Monday!

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch July 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM  

I'm with Ro, not sure I want to be a fatty, but I am following back. Thanks so much for the follow. Looking forward to seeing what you are doing here.

How I Pick My Lovely Winners

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP