I am a big oatmeal lover and so are my kids. We are so used to eating oatmeal with dried fruit but it isn't something I am in love with. It is more for convenience. Our other option is waiting a long time for water to boil and cutting up fruit so it actually tastes good. That's not an easy task when you're trying to get yourself and the kids ready in the morning.
Imagine how happy we were to try Seneca Farms new Oatmeal and Fruit. Fortunately for us, Seneca Farms Oatmeal and Fruit is both convenient and delicious. There are huge chunks of fruit in it, unlike most oatmeals. It honestly tastes like a fruit cobbler. I would totally eat it for dessert. Even my three year old son (The Picky Eater) loved it! Check out these huge chunks of peach:
We really love it and can't wait until later this year when the newest flavors come out.
About Seneca Farms Oatmeal and Fruit
Just launched in April, it is the perfect choice for anyone who has trouble finding time for breakfast in the morning. In less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee, heat the six-ounce microwaveable cup – no milk or water necessary – in the microwave for 45 seconds. Seneca's Oatmeal & Fruit has no trans fats or cholesterol, and is a great source of Vitamin C.
Currently available in Apple Cinnamon and Vanilla Peach, Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit can be found nationally at Walmart and at a wide variety of retail grocery stores. For a detailed store list, visit www.seneca-farms.com. Seneca Farms plans to expand its flavors later this year with Oatmeal & Fruit Cranberry Apple, and Oatmeal – Maple & Brown Sugar.
Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit is not only a quick and healthy breakfast option, but it is a satisfying mid-afternoon snack and it even works as part of a healthy weight loss plan for those looking to lose or maintain weight loss.
Aside from the fact that I am a raving lunatic when I skip breakfast, there are a number of other reasons why it is so important. Check them out below!
Here are some important stats about families skipping breakfast:
It’s not groundbreaking news that breakfast provides us and our kids with the nutrition and fuel our bodies need. And we all know that eating oatmeal and other whole grains are an essential part of a healthy diet and promote overall good health. But, busy mornings and finicky kids can make it hard to find the time to make something that is both nutritious and delicious.
Did you know that*…
- Nearly 60% of U.S. parents of children ages 3-17 admit that their child skips breakfast, with more than half of U.S. Moms wishing their child ate a more nutritious breakfast.
- 58% of U.S. Moms say they skip breakfast regularly. 46% of Moms who skip breakfast say they do so because they do not have enough time to prepare or eat it.
- 57% of single adults say the number one reason they skip breakfast is that they don’t have enough time to prepare it.
- While 71% of U.S. adults agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, 67% of those admit to skipping breakfast.
*Results of 2011 Children's Nutrition Survey, conducted by Harris Interactive for Seneca Farms
If you think you would like to try a delicious breakfast or snack that is healthy and convenient, here is your chance :)
you can see a list of local retailers that carry it HERE
Follow Fatty Bumpkins via Google Friend Connect (right sidebar)
Bonus Entries (All entries are +1)
1. "Like" Seneca Farms on Facebook by clicking HERE. Then come back here and let me know you did.
2. Follow Seneca Farms on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway including @SenecaFarms. Then come back here and let me know you did.
3. "Like" Fatty Bumpkins on Facebook by clicking HERE
4. Follow me on Twitter by clicking HERE
*Limited to US residents 18 and over
*Please include your email address in at least one comment if it is not visible in your profile
*Winner will be selected using Random.org and will be contacted via email. Winner has 48 hours to respond or I will have to choose an alternate winner.
*Entry deadline is 11:59 pm CT August 6, 2011
**Disclaimer: I received a product from Seneca Farms in exchange for an honest review. No other form of compensation was received and all opinions are my own.**